Zao Silk Foundation applies easily and meets the needs of those who like a full coverage foundation. Besides organic silica contained in bamboo hydrosol, organic sweet almond oil, jojoba and shea butter give this foundation a nourishing effect. Mattifying, powdery finish and uniform coverage for a long lasting coverage throughout the day.
Packaged in a unique, varnished bamboo case and attractively presented in a cotton pouch with drawstring, Zao makeup is both a beautiful gift and an item to treasure.
Instructions for use: Especially easy to apply thanks to its light texture, Zao silk foundation is best used with a natural rubber sponge or foundation brush, sold separately. It is also very convenient for an application with fingers.
Zao Beauty Tip: choose a colour that matches your skin tone without being too bright or too dark, to avoid the telltale 'tidemark' effect on the neck area. Find your skin tone and take into account whether you have warm, cool or neutral undertones to find your best colour. Please contact us if you need some help in selecting the best colour for you. Apply the foundation from the centre to the outside.
- 701 suits fair complexions with neutral undertones
- 702 suits medium complexions with warm undertones
- 703 suits medium complexions with cool undertones
- 704 suits medium complexions with neutral undertones
- 705 suits darker complexions with warm undertones
- 706 suits dark complexions with cool undertones
- 710-712 are from the Ethnic Collection for super fair complexions:
- 710 suits super fair complexions with warm undertones
- 711 suits super fair complexions with neutral undertone. This shade can be used to tone down pink undertones.
- 712 suits super fair complexions with yellow undertone that they wish to balance. Especially suited to Asian complexions or to lift super fair sallow skin
- 713 suits those with fair complexions and golden/yellow undertones
- 714 suits those with medium complexions and golden/yellow undertones
If you suit colours like gold, copper, bronze, orange-reds and earthy tones, then your skin is likely to have peach, yellow or golden undertones and so would suit a warm-toned foundation.
If you suit colours like magenta, silver, grey, blue-red or jewel tones, then your skin is likely to have cool undertones with pink, red or blue undertones and so would suit a cool-toned or neutral foundation.If you prefer to disguise pink tones to your skin, then a neutral-toned foundation would achieve that.
If you look good in any of these colours, then your skin is likely to have neutral/mixed undertones. If unsure, check the veins on your arms, as those with cool-toned complexions have blue or purple veins, whilst those with warm complexions tend to have green veins, and if you cannot decide, then you most likely have neutral undertones.
Certification: Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to ECOCERT, with 100% of ingredients natural and minimum 20% of ingredients organic.
Testing on animals: No testing on animals, neither on the finished product nor on ingredients. Cruelty free certification http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/shopper
Ingredients from animal origin: No ingredient from animals is used.
Indication of skin type: Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and acne-prone skin.
Ingredients list: (INCI / CTFA): AQUA (WATER), PHYLLOSTACHYS NIGRA EXTRACT*, PROPANEDIOL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS SEED OIL SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL)*, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS OIL (PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND OIL)*, SUCROSE PALMITATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, POTASSIUM PALMITOYL, HYDROLIZED WHEAT PROTEIN, OLIVE GLYCERIDES, TOCOPHEROL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER)*, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, CELLULOSE GUM, CI 77820 (SILVER), CELLULOSE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE). MAY CONTAIN +/- : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
* ingredients from organic farming