Zao's Nail Polish Collection comprises a wide range of colours, from avant-garde black to classic pillarbox red, summery peach and minimal nude, you can change your look to match the season or mood.
8 Free: Free from toxic ingredients traditionally found in nail polish and enriched in silica from bamboo oil, you can use them without limitation.
Zao Beauty Tip: Apply one or two coats of nail polish, finishing with a clear top coat to extend its life. Choose from a glossy or matt top coat to create different looks.
Ingredients Highlight: bamboo rhizome macerate is packed full of silica to strengthen nails.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NAIL POLISHES CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED WITHIN UK DUE TO AIR TRANSPORT REGULATIONS. OVERSEAS BUYERS WILL BE REFUNDED.
8 Free: These non-toxic products are guaranteed to be free from 8 harmful toxins traditionally found in nail polish, including formaldehyde, toluene, synthetic camphor, rosin, DBP (dibutylphthalate) and xylene.
Organic water-based nail polishes chip and flake within 24 hours, so Zao has devised a nail polish that matches the performance of traditional nail polishes but without toxic petrochemicals.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NAIL POLISHES CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED WITHIN UK. OVERSEAS BUYERS WILL BE REFUNDED.
Testing on animals: Neither ingredients or final product are tested on animals. Zao has cruelty free certification for its entire product range: http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/shopper
Ingredients from animal origin: None
- Dibutylphthalate, endocrine disruptor that also irritates eyes and upper respiratory tract, causing possible nasopharyngitis and bronchitis, if ingested or inhaled, it can cause headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hematuria, dizziness, photophobia (sensitivity to light) and nephrotoxicity.
- Toluene, neurotoxin that can cause redness, peeling and cracking of skin. Neurotoxic. It can irritatie the upper respiratory tract and eyes above 100 ppm. Inhalation may cause central nervous system depression.
- Formaldehyde, classified as a group 1 carcinogen to humans in 2004 by IARC. In Europe, it is classified as group 3 carcinogen with possible carcinogenic effect to humans, though this is currently under review in France to a higher group that reflects its true toxicity.
- Xylene, neurotoxin that can cause mild eye irritation and moderate skin irritation. Central nervous system depression is a risk on inhalation. Exposure may cause irritation to eyes and upper respiratory tract. Following repeated or prolonged contact, this chemical can cause redness, scaling and cracking to skin.
- Colophony (rosin), is a potential respiratory irritant, and is also reported to cause skin sensitisation in isolated cases
- Synthetic Camphor is an irritant to eyes and upper respiratory tract on inhalation, causing slow heart rate and breathing, with symptoms dependent on exposure.
Source: CSST - Toxicological directory service (http://www.reptox.csst.qc.ca/)
Ingredients List (INCI): BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, PHTHALIC ANHYDRIDE, TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE, GLYCOLS COPOLYMER, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, PHYLLOSTACHIS BAMBUSOIDES RHIZOME EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL, CITRIC ACID. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, SYNTHETIC FLUOPHLOGOPITE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, SILICA, CI 12085, CI 15850, CI 15880, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 47005, CI 73360, CI 77000, CI 77007, CI 77019, CI 77266, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77510, CI 77742, CI 77861, CI 77891.