Zao's Nail Care products are free from 8 known toxins traditionally used in nail polish, delivering premium quality nail care without toxins. Silica is used as a key ingredient to strengthen nails.
635 Hardener: Silica is a key ingredient in Zao's Nail Hardener, strengthening nails and treating brittle nails. Ideal for use as an undercoat to protect nails.
636 Duo Top & Base Coat: Use before and after applying nail polish or alone to enhance nails. Use over nail polish to extend its life and also to add a high shine finish.
10 Free: These non-toxic products are guaranteed to be free from 10 harmful toxins traditionally found in nail polish, including formaldehyde, toluene, synthetic camphor, rosin, DBP (dibutylphthalate) and xylene.
Organic water-based nail polishes chip and flake within 24 hours, so Zao has devised a nail polish that matches the performance of traditional nail polishes but without toxic petrochemicals.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NAIL POLISHES CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED WITHIN UK. OVERSEAS BUYERS WILL BE REFUNDED.
Testing on animals: No testing on animals, neither on the finished product nor on ingredients
Ingredients from animal origin: None
Palm oil free: Duo Top & Base Coat is free from any derivatives of palm oil. Hardener contains palm oil-derived propylene glycol. All palm oil derivatives used are RSPO certified
- Dibutylphthalate (Endocrine disruptor. Irritation of the eyes (lacrimation, conjunctivitis) and upperrespiratory tract (nasopharyngitis, bronchitis possible), if ingested or inhaled: headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, hematuria, dizziness, photophobia (sensitivity to light) and nephrotoxicity)
- Toluene (Neurotoxic. Its vapours may be irritating to the upper respiratory tract and eyes above 100 ppm. Following repeated or prolonged contact, this product has a degreasing effect on the skin. It can cause redness, peeling and cracking. Inhalation of vapours may cause central nervous system depression.)
- Formaldehyde (Carcinogen. In 2004, IARC has classified formaldehyde as a carcinogen to humans (Group 1). In Europe, it is classified as "category 3 carcinogen" (possibly carcinogenic to humans), but after a more severe proposal of France, this classification is under review.)
- Xylene (Irritating and nerve: This product causes mild eye irritation and moderate skin irritation. Inhalation of vapours may cause central nervous system depression. Exposure to vapours may cause irritation of the eyes and upper respiratory tract. Following repeated or prolonged contact, this product has a degreasing effect on the skin. It can cause redness, scaling and cracking.)
- Colophony (rosin) (Irritating / respiratory disorders: Several cases of skin sensitisation are also reported. The cases are isolated but quite varied: beauticians who applied depilatory waxes containing rosin, as well as artists who reacted to their stage makeup.)
- Synthetic Camphor (Irritation: eyes, upper respiratory tract if inhaled: decreased frequency of breathing, slow heart rate, worsened symptoms if inhaled in large doses.)
Source: CSST - Toxicological directory service (http://www.reptox.csst.qc.ca/)
Ingredients (635 Hardener): ETHYL ACETATE, BUTYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, ADIPIC ACID/NEOPENTYL GLYCOL/TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, ISOSORBIDE DICAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, ALCOHOL, N-BUTYL ALCOHOL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) FRUIT EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID, AQUA (WATER), EDTA, GLYCERIN, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, METHYLTHIOPROPYLAMIDO ACETYL METHIONINE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, TRIMETHYLPENTANEDIYL DIBENZOATE, HEXANAL, BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, PISTACIA LENTISCUS (MASTIC) GUM, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM BENZOATE, SPINACIA OLERACEA (SPINACH) LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, ETOCRYLENE, CI 60725 (VIOLET 2).
Ingredients (636 Duo Top & Base Coat): ETHYL ACETATE, BUTYL ACETATE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, NITROCELLULOSE, PHTHALIC ANHYDRIDE / TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE / GLYCOLS COPOLYMER, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, ADIPIC ACID / FUMARIC ACID / PHTHALIC ACID / TRICYCLODECANE DIMETHANOL COPOLYMER, BENZHOPENONE-3, PHYLLOSTACHIS BAMBUSOIDES RHIZOME EXTRACT / HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL, CI 60725.